Thursday, September 13, 2007

Ipod Nanos are the New Black

I love my iPod. I named (and engraved) him Hemingway. He's only about 1 and 1/2 years old, but in that short time we've grown very close. Next to Calvin, he's my best pal. We take long walks together, he comes to work with me every day, goes for every drive and is the best gym buddy on the planet. I put him in a drawer while I'm typing this because what I'm about to type will deeply upset him.

I want a new iPod Nano.

Adrian's iPod passed away a few months ago and he's been debating his next iPod move for just as long. Should he just break down and get an iPhone? His phone works perfectly fine, so the phone is not a necessity. There's that new iPod "touch" thing which is kinda like an iPhone but without the phone. Somewhat interesting...but somewhat useless. Yesterday we took a walk to the Apple Store during lunch, and both of us were totally suprised when we fell head over heels in love with the new iPod nano. He got this one:
It's a tiny bit bigger than this photo, but REALLY slim. It's 1/4 of an inch thick and weighs less than 2 oz. The pictures on the web and commercials don't do it justice because I had absolutely no idea how tiny and cute it was in person.

It was very hard for me to not buy one yesterday. I kept rationalizing it by having the little cute Nano over one shoulder whispering, 'What if Hemingway can just live in the car!?! He can be the car pod!" - and trusty ol' Hemingway on the other shoulder saying, "But Bev, you really need some new clothes. How about a new pair of shoes, wouldn't you like a new pair of shoes?" Hem is right...I just can't do it. We've been through too much together (and i totally need some new fall clothes.)

Knowing that the shelf life an iPods under my care is about as long as a loaf of bread, it's only a matter of time before my little Hemingway becomes a paperweight. Eventually, I will be the proud owner of a Nano. Until then, I'll just want Adrian's. Really, really badly.

1 comment:

christina said...

I bought BF an iPod for his birthday this year. It's 30GB, I think... or 60? I don't remember, but it's huge. And very pretty. I steal it sometimes.

BUT, I'd like you to know that I STILL use my trusty green "Poddy" every single day. It is my one and only iPod love.

And I got it from youuuuuuuuuuuuuu.