Thursday, September 13, 2007

Happy Lips

I hate lipstick. I have never ever been able to find a lipstick that is a. the right color, b. stays on and c. doesn't stain my lips even after it wears off. I remember back in college I had this lipstick made by Origins that I loved a lot. It was an earlier version of this:It was a Matte Lipstick that lasted forever (in a good way) -- and the color "Malt" was absoultly perfect for that "My So Called Life" greyish-pink, almost corpse-like, grungie color that I was looking for at the time. I remember my friends used to comment on how amazing it was that my lipstick stayed on all day. So that lipstick was amazing UNTIL -- it became all about the gloss. The big trend was wet-looking, shiny sparkly- yet somehow still natural looking lips. Goodbye Matte Malty goodness, it was a nice ride while it lasted.

From then on, I've been on a quest for the perfect lipstick. I found some that I liked enough - but nothing that I felt compelled to put on everyday. BUT I FINALLY FOUND IT! It's exactly what I loved about my old friend, senor Matte - but it's light, glossy and wonderful. So without further adieu, I introduce to you the Stilla Lip Glaze Stick. My favorite color is Brown Sugar. (The one in this pic is Apricot.) I love it so much, I bought two so that it's never missing.

2 comments:

christina said...

Dammit. I was just in Sephora today. I love Stila stuff. I use their hair powder like it's going out of style...
Believe it or not, I still use old faithful... Revlon Colorstay lipstick. I've been using it since high school!

My favorite gloss, though is Victoria's Secret lip rush... or something rush.

I have an idea. You should make this blog a community blog, meaning that multiple uses can post! I would love to contribute here!

christina said...

Here's a how-to, if you're interested!