Saturday, September 15, 2007

By Special Request: Tuna in a Pouch

Ahoy mates! I was having one of my favorite "stuff" conversations today and I was quite suprised to learn that there are people out there who have not yet had the pleasure of trying one of my all time favorite inventions: Tuna in a Pouch. I thought it had been around for a while now, so I came home and did some hard core research. I stumbled upon a Sunkist Tuna press release from June 15, 2000 which stated that:

"StarKist Tuna in a Pouch is the biggest wave of innovation in tuna since StarKist pioneered canned tuna in the 1920s. The vacuum-sealed foil pouch delivers firmer, fresher-tasting tuna with no draining. Unlike canned tuna, the easy-open pouch contains virtually no liquid."

Get it? A wave of innovation? Heheheh. I love a punny PR writer.


So there you have it folks. I've been enjoying pouched tuna for almost 7 years now. It's about time you all get on board.


No comments: