Tuesday, October 30, 2007

2 Ultimate Cures for "Thing-Misery" (1 of 2)

Thing-misery sounds like something that I never want. It's like a product-induced staph infection. I have two cures for that, one can be a little hard on the wallet, while the other is FREE FREE FREE, and makes me almost as happy.

$$$ - I had some (much deserved) gift certificates to use at Barneys from little awards that I get at work every now and then. I had been saving them up for something totally pampering, which in my world = shoes. I dragged my cousin along to make sure that I stayed on target, and didn't do anything to crazy. I left with my newest favoritest boots of all times. I found a picture of them online in black, but the pair that I bought was in brown.

They're made by a relatively new design team called Golden Goose. I did a little googling about them, and found this tidbit: "Golden Goose was launched in 2000 by two not so ambitious designers, Alessandro Gallo and Francesca Rinaldo who just wanted more cool stuff for themselves. " I think it's their not-so-ambitiousness, that is most appealing to me. Cheers to that!

So all was good in the hood, until I found out that the day I went to Barney's was a little special sale day, and you got a certain amount of money incrimentally, when you spent a certain amount of money! Score! (This is where the trouble starts) I now have YET ANOTHER gift certificate for Barneys, that I have to use on a return visit. Keep in mind, I'm not one who shops regularly at Barneys. I have a mortgage, and rent to pay - and I need to eat. If I shopped at Barney's on a regular basis, I'd be homeless (twice) and I'd really really skinny... (which ((now that I think about it)) would only make me want to shop at Barney's even more!) Anyway, I needed to unload this special treat, and fast. It's a good thing that I've been totally coveting a certain pair of shoes and have been dreaming about them for a while (Heather, I totally blame you for this one!)

I have two other pairs of Christian Louboutin shoes... and they're all equally the best shoes ever. They're lifetime shoes, and these are no exception.


The heels are only 2.5 inches tall, so they're TOTALLY comfortable - but still really elegant. They go with absolutely anything, and they're just so incredibly cute, I might need to have them framed.

And that my blog-reading friends, is first (and unfortunatly expensive) cure for thing-misery! Next up, the equally satisfying freebie!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

christina said...

Whoa.

I would like all of those shoes, please. Thank you.

I've never been to Barney's. In fact, I just visited their website for the first time about 45 seconds ago.

I will shed a tear for a love that can never be.

bev said...

It's pretty insane there. I remember going there with my mom once and there was a jacket ON SALE for $34,000. That's a car.

christina said...

*speechless*